Robert Half Accountemps Financial Analyst in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Accountemps is looking for a zealous Financial Analyst to be part of a thriving company in the Retail industry. We seek a candidate with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated competency in financial analysis. In this position, you will conduct financial modeling on various financial products as well as have responsibility for measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans. We will give you the responsibilities to advise management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and prepare reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. This Financial Analyst role is based in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area and is a short term temporary-to-fulltime employment opportunity. Your responsibilities - Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and recommendation support - Inspect performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities - Become familiar with the Marketing and Customer Success outfits of the business, and build a healthy relationship with those teams to understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends, and core metrics - Become proficient in and apply econometric and statistical methods to forecasting - Work closely with cross-functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans - Work closely with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process - Operate with key senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization - Own monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required - Propel the strategy and business planning process - Discover the root causes of internal and external facts that are influencing performance and outcomes - Present analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle - Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible - Support weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P L forecasting
- Skill with Hyperion reporting products required
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
- Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
- Go-to-market experience or experience at a top investment bank is desirable
- 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role
- Deep understanding of cost of product development
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial real estate
- Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans