Robert Half Accountemps Full Charge Bookkeeper in KANSAS CITY, Missouri
Accountemps is looking for an efficient Full Charge Bookkeeper to take on an exciting job opportunity in the Service industry. Do you multitask effectively and have exceptional communication, organizational, and time-management skills? Then this opportunity and its potential for growth could be perfect for you! You will be responsible for all general accounting and bookkeeping functions, such as preparing financial statements, and establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, the Full Charge Bookkeeper role is a long term temporary-to-fulltime opportunity. Your responsibilities - Completing bank and general ledger reconciliations; processing payroll - Ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close - Following federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, implementing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions - Retaining historical records through the accurate filing of documents - Tracking fixed assets to produce depreciation schedules - Executing accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks, such as collections - Producing the trial balance and financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheet and statements of income and of cash flows - Supervising tasks of accounting clerks and entry-level bookkeepers
- Experience with payroll preferred
- Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
- Accounts receivable experience preferred
- Proficiency in accounts payable
- Command of general ledger
- Solid understanding of bank reconciliations
- High school diploma or similar accreditation, and an AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business recommended
- A deep understanding of accrual and cash basis of accounting
- Ability to multitask effectively
- 3+ years of experience in the bookkeeping field
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks, and Peachtree
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans