Robert Half Accountemps Full Charge Bookkeeper in COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado
Accountemps is actively looking for for a Full Charge Bookkeeper. Are you proficient at multitasking, communicating, organizing, and managing your time? Do you want an opportunity to grow? Then this role could be the right fit for you! Your responsibilities will include the preparation of financial statements; the establishment and preservation of the accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives of the business; and all other general accounting and bookkeeping tasks. The Full Charge Bookkeeper position is a long term temporary-to-fulltime opportunity in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Responsibilities - Following federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, implementing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions - Completing bank and general ledger reconciliations; processing payroll - Ensuring correct and punctual monthly, quarterly and year end close - Preserving historical records through accurate filing of documents - Assembling the trial balance and financial statements, including balance sheet and income and cash flow statements - Preparing depreciation schedules by tracking fixed assets - Supervising accounting clerks and entry-level bookkeepers - Executing accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks, such as collections
- Well-founded grasp of account reconciliation
- Proficiency in accounts receivable
- General ledger experience highly desired
- General familiarity with QuickBooks
- Accounts receivable aging experience
- Command of accounts payable
- Solid understanding of lien laws
- Proven knowledge of bank reconciliations
- Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
- Proficient in accrual and cash basis of accounting
- Prior experience with Excel and Peachtree
- High school diploma or equivalent, AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business preferred
- Background in payroll preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans