Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in CHESTERLAND, Ohio
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a short term temporary opportunity with a fast-growing company. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in SOX compliance, review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded and the role is based in the Chesterland, Ohio region. Your responsibilities in this role - Be a part of various department-wide initiatives - Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner - Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation - Complete month end close, journal entries, without supervision - Maintain intricate journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll - Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules - Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation - Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP - Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting - Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- High attention to detail and possess excellent organizational and writing skills
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Payroll experience preferred
- Knowledge of account reconciliation
- Proficiency in accounts receivable
- Solid understanding of accounts payable
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, and ADP skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- CPA an added bonus
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- At least 5+ years of Accounting experience
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans